Polystrippa Paint Stripper

A a fast-acting solvent-based paint and varnish remover containing methylene chloride (dichloromethane). Non-drip formula for easy application on vertical surfaces using a paint brush.

Removes all household oil and water-based paints and most industrial, marine and automotive finishes. Can also be used to restore hardened paint brushes.

Fast acting and penetrates deep - will strip up to 6 layers at once.

FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY

Coverage: 0.5m2 per litre when applied 2mm thick on a horizontal surface.
Ready to use: YES
Available in: 250mL, 500mL, 1L, ^2L & 4L

NOTE: Not suitable for application to fibreglass, P.V.C, acrylics, linoleum, rubber or plastics.Will not remove Kalsomine, penetrating stains, and some specialist industrial finishes. May darken some timbers. If clear finishing, first test stripper on an inconspicuous area.

 

^ Not available in New Zealand

• For outdoors only – Methylene Chloride vapour is harmful to health on prolonged exposure. Move item to be stripped to an open, shady outdoor area to ensure adequate ventilation.
• Avoid inhaling fumes. Wear gloves.
• Apply a thick, even coat of undiluted Polystrippa at least 2.5mm thickness, with a paint brush.
• Allow up to 15 minutes for the paint to completely blister and soften, before removing with a scraper or steel wool
• Some water based paints may not blister and should be removed by scraping. A repeat application maybe required, depending on the number of paint layers present.
• The surface can be scrubbed, using warm water. If the surface is sensitive to water, such as any wooden surfaces, causing grain of wood to rise and swell, wash with
methylated spirits instead.
• Allow the surface to dry thoroughly and remove any residue by sanding before repainting.
• Wash application brush in water. Screw on lid tightly after use.

STORAGE
Store container in a cool place to avoid pressure build-up. Store and use away from naked flame, radiators etc.

SAFETY
• Open can carefully, as there may be a pressure build up. Vapour is harmful to health on prolonged exposure. Use only in well ventilated area. Avoid breathing vapour.
• The product forms dangerous gas near radiators or naked flames. Do not smoke while using the product.
• Avoid contact with skin and wear gloves. In case of skin contact, immediately wash with water. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before re-use. Apply hand cream if irritation occurs. Consult a doctor if irritation persists.
• In case of eye contact, flush with water for at least 15 minutes and seek immediate medical attention.
• If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water. Avoid giving milk, oils or alcohol.
• Always wash hands before smoking, eating, drinking or using the toilet.
• Refer to Safety Data Sheet for more information.
• If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766). Thoroughly rinse mouth with water.

Sorry, there are no questions and answers for this selection.