A one component, self-expanding, ready to use polyurethane foam filler incorporating a CFC-free propellant. After extruding from the can, Polyfilla Expanding Foam further expands while curing to a semi-rigid closed cell foam.
Fast, convenient and economical way to fill large, irregular shaped gaps, hollows and cavities in buildings to block draughts, dust, noise, insects and birds.
Includes extension nozzle for easy application. Cured foam can be cut, trimmed, sanded, plastered and painted.
For use on: Most surfaces* (INTERIOR & EXTERIOR)
Expansion/yield: Expands to 2.5 times initial dispensed foam. Yields 20-25 times can size.
Dries in: 30 mins to tack-free and fully cured after 5-6 hours.
Ready to use: YES
Available in: 390g & 750g
*Will not adhere to polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon® & silicone.
• Ensure surfaces are clean and free of dust, oil and grease. For best performance, moisten surfaces by spraying with water
• WEAR GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION as Polyfilla Expanding Foam is difficult to remove from skin and clothing.
• Shake can vigorously for 60 seconds and screw applicator nozzle onto the can valve (do not over tighten). Turn can upside down.
• Gently apply pressure to the top of the actuator to dispense foam. (Vary pressure to control rate of flow).
• Fill approximately half the space.
• Do not overfill the space as foam will expand up to 2.5 times the volume of the product initially dispensed.
• Continue to shake the can from time to time during use and do not empty can in one continuous application.
• Confined or large spaces are best filled in layers of up to 4cm deep. Allow each application to fully cure before applying the next. Spray surface of cured product with water before re-applying.
• In exterior applications it is recommended to paint over to improve service life.
• If attempting to block entry of rats or mice, install small mesh bird wire before applying the foam, so that the wire is embedded inside the cured foam.
STORAGE & RE-USE
• Store cans upright in a cool, dry place, out of the sun.
• If the can is to be re-used in 24 to 48 hours, leave the applicator nozzle on the can. Unblock nozzle tip from cured product before re-use.
• For longer-term storage remove applicator nozzle from can valve. Rinse valve thoroughly with acetone. Remove cured product from the adaptor before re-using.
• Once opened Polyfilla Expanding Foam should be used within 4 weeks.
• Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.
• Avoid contact of uncured product with skin and eyes.
• This product is highly flamable
• If poisoning occurs contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia: 131 126. (Product contains organic isocyanate polymer).
• If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly.
• If in eyes, hold eyes open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor.
Sorry, there are no questions and answers for this selection.