A mix yourself, non-toxic powder paste ideal for lightweight wall paper pasting, paper mache as well as hobbies and crafts.
It is safe for children to use and acid free. Dries clear and does not stain.
Coverage: 5–6 rolls or 25m2.
Dry time: 2-3 hours.
Available in: 50g
Ready to use: NO (mix with water)
NOTE: This product is not for medium to heavy weight wall coverings, vinyls, foils, textiles, suedes or any covering for which a latex adhesive is specified.
• Use Poly Wallpaper Remover, to remove old coverings and wash down surfaces, ensuring surfaces are free of dirt, grease, flaking/ powdery paint, and old paste. Treat
mould with a suitable mould remover. Fill all cracks and irregularities and seal surface with undercoat or a non-glossy paint.
• Add contents of this pack into 4L of cold water (1:80 dilution), while stirring briskly to ensure good dispersion. Leave for 45 min to fully thicken, stirring occasionally.
• Apply paste evenly with a brush, sponge or roller, ensuring edges are well pasted. Avoid getting paste onto face of covering.
• Apply covering to wall and remove air pockets by working from centre to sides with a sponge.
• Remove any paste residue from washable coverings with a clean damp sponge before paste dries.
• Always follow wall covering manufacturer’s hanging instructions.
• Never hang wallpaper on damp surfaces or at temperatures greater than 30°C or less than 10°C.
• Clean tools and hands with water before paste dries.
• Fold bag tightly. Seal with a peg.
• Store in a cool dry place.
• Store mixed paste in an airtight container, for no longer than 24hrs.
Q. Can I use Poly Lightweight Paste on any wallpaper?
A. No, it is ideal for lightweight wallpapers only. For medium to heavy weight wallpaper, use Poly Wallpaper Paste. Always follow the wallpaper manufacturer's recommendations and hanging directions.